— BASIC COOKIE DECORATING CLASS LEVEL 1 —
THEME: SWEET MESSAGES PARTY
GREAT FOR BEGINNERS
Always wanted to try decorating cookies with royal icing but just haven’t taken the first step? NOW YOU CAN! With a step-by-step guide from Head Chef Lyn, our easy to comprehend cookie decorating workshop is suitable for adults with little to no experience with royal icing. Set in a stylishly decorated studio with a canopy of fairy lights, you’ll master the basics of the art of cookie decorating and take home with you a set of your cookies creation in The Custom Bites’ signature kraft gift box.
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN
– Tried & tested tips to bake perfect cookies for decorating
– Fail-proof method to prepare royal icing
– Things to look out for when preparing royal icing
– How to identify different royal icing consistencies
– How to make royal icing with the correct consistency
– The right method of holding, snipping and using piping bags
– Hands-on experience with basic decorating techniques
(piping, outlining, flooding, wet-on-wet, straight and wavy lines)
– Calligraphy and lettering techniques to personalise your cookies
– How to add embellishments and create dimensions
WHAT YOU WILL TAKE HOME
– Recipe to bake perfect sugar cookies that won’t spread
– Recipe for preparing simple fail-proof royal icing
– A set of your cookie creations in The Custom Bites signature kraft gift box
– An e-certificate* upon successful completion of the course and having achieved satisfaction works
(*to SQ Cabin Crew: this e-certificate is approved for ext SDL courses, simply forward to your respective WL)
– This is a decorating class, there will be no baking involved.
– All materials, tools, equipment and aprons will be provided.
– Duration: 4 hours
– Type: Hands-on
– Class size: Minimum 4 pax to start a class. Maximum 8 pax per class.
TERMS & CONDITIONS
– All participants are expected to thoroughly wash and sanitize their hands before the start of class.
– Class starts on time. Please arrive at least 15 minutes in advance.
– Latecomers will not be admitted after the class has begun for 30 minutes or more. No refunds will be given.
– Only paid and registered participants may be present during the lesson.
– All materials, tools, equipment and aprons are to remain in the studio.
– Minimum age: 14 years old ( <18 years old would require parent/guardian consent)
– Classes may be cancelled 24 hours before class start time if the minimum number of students is not attained.
– In the event of a class cancellation, a full refund will be given.
– Transfer of class is subject to availability and approval, on a case by case basis.
– Strictly non-refundable.
The Custom Bites Academy @ 12 Lorong Bakar Batu, Singapore 348745