— BASIC COOKIE DECORATING CLASS LEVEL 1 —
THEME: SWEET MESSAGES PARTY
GREAT FOR BEGINNERS
Always wanted to try decorating cookies with royal icing but just haven’t taken the first step? NOW YOU CAN! With a step-by-step guide from Head Chef Lyn, our easy to comprehend cookie decorating workshop is suitable for adults with little to no experience with royal icing. Set in a stylishly decorated studio with a canopy of fairy lights, you’ll master the basics of the art of cookie decorating and take home with you a set of your cookies creation in The Custom Bites’ signature kraft gift box.
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN
– Tried & tested tips to bake perfect cookies for decorating
– Fail-proof method to prepare royal icing
– Things to look out for when preparing royal icing
– How to identify different royal icing consistencies
– How to make royal icing with the correct consistency
– The right method of holding, snipping and using piping bags
– Hands-on experience with basic decorating techniques
(piping, outlining, flooding, wet-on-wet, straight and wavy lines)
– Calligraphy and lettering techniques to personalise your cookies
– How to add embellishments and create dimensions
WHAT YOU WILL TAKE HOME
– Recipe to bake perfect sugar cookies that won’t spread
– Recipe for preparing simple fail-proof royal icing
– A set of your cookie creations in The Custom Bites signature kraft gift box
– An e-certificate* upon successful completion of the course and having achieved satisfaction works
(*to SQ Cabin Crew: this e-certificate is approved for ext SDL courses, simply forward to your respective WL)
– This is a decorating class, there will be no baking involved.
– All materials, tools, equipment and aprons will be provided.
– Duration: 4 hours
– Type: Hands-on
– Class size: 4 pax
SAFE DISTANCING MEASURES
– Studio equipment, tables, chairs, handles and other high touch points are thoroughly sanitized daily.
– Participants are required to put on their masks at all times, except while eating or drinking.
– Prior to entering the studio, participants will have their temperature taken.
– All participants are expected to thoroughly wash and sanitize their hands as soon as they enter the studio.
Should participants step out of the studio to use the restroom etc., they are required to wash and santize their hands again upon returning.
– Participants shall be seated at individual tables which are at least 1m apart.
– While observing the instructor’s demonstration, all participants are required to stand at least 1m apart on the X marking provided.
– Every participant will be provided individual sets of materials, tools, equipment and aprons for the session. Sharing is prohibited.
– When handling food, all participants are required to put on gloves at all times.
Should participants step out of the studio to use the restroom etc., a new pair of gloves will be provided.
TERMS & CONDITIONS
– Class starts on time. Please arrive at least 15 minutes in advance.
– Latecomers will not be admitted after the class has begun for 30 minutes or more. No refunds will be given.
– Only paid and registered participants may be present during the lesson.
– All materials, tools, equipment and aprons are to remain in the studio.
– Minimum age: 14 years old ( <18 years old would require parent/guardian consent)
– Classes may be cancelled 24 hours before class start time if the minimum number of students is not attained.
– In the event of a class cancellation, participants shall be given priority to attend at their next available date.
– Transfer of class is subject to availability and approval, on a case by case basis.
– Strictly non-refundable.
The Custom Bites Academy @ 12 Lorong Bakar Batu, Singapore 348745